SEO consultants act as the bridge between website owners who want to achieve top ranking on search engines, and the search engines themselves. As a website owner, you may have limited knowledge or ideas regarding how best to optimize your site and get it to the top. As such, you’ll need to hire the services of a SEO consultant so that you can deliberate the way ahead. However, before you hire their services, chances are that at some point, you’ll need to have a one on one meeting. Before attending such a meeting, don’t assume that simply you know nothing about SEO, you’ll show up blank minded, and take whatever the consultant tells you as the gospel truth.
Below are 5 tips that should always be on your finger tips before you attend a meeting with a SEO consultant;
- Do sufficient Market research; first and foremost, you’ll need to do sufficient market research before meeting the SEO consultant. Look at the sites of your competitors, see what they have done, compare it to what you wish to achieve, so that you’ll be able to clearly explain it to the consultant. Have they used catchy, more colorful photos, compared to what you have? Such questions will guide you.
- Have a vision, know what you want to achieve; before meeting the SEO consultant, be clear on your mind about what you wish to achieve. Do you simply want to rank at the top, attract more traffic, and then what? How do you plan to convert the high traffic into profits?
- Look for the best SEO consultant; even before you settle for a specific SEO consultant, take time to research and ensure that you have gotten the best one. Ignore inexperienced consultants, or those with negative reputations in terms of their services.
- Know what SEO services cost; it won’t do you any good to attend a meeting blank minded, without knowing the prices you are likely to be charged. A sly SEO consultant will easily take advantage of your naivety, and quote a huge amount that’s grossly exaggerated.
- Know basic SEO tips and strategies; your SEO consultant will respect you more, and be more candid if they learn that you too have basic knowledge of how SEO works. It will be sad to ask the consultant to explain the meaning of basic terms like keywords, search engines, and so on so forth. Research online, and acquaint yourself with SEO practices for dummies.