A website is a great channel to inform other people about yourself or your business. Anyone can create their own site, although not every site becomes successful.
Uniqueness and good content are all that users look for when browsing the internet. For that reason, you must have a solid plan when creating a new site. Your plan should include both technological and non-technological elements such as strategies, goals, and audience.
Hopefully, our blog will improve your website designing skills to enhance its popularity.
Step 1 – Build a strong foundation
The first step towards attaining a successful website is by building a strong foundation. To achieve this, you should carry out a detailed SEO audit and fix all the on-page errors. An SEO audit improves the understanding of both the positive and the adverse aspect of the page.
How to create a simple SEO audit
Firstly, ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I want to be found online?
- Which are the most relevant landing pages?
- What platform will I create my website on?
When you get the right answers to these questions, you will be ready for the SEO audit.
Secondly, determine the best boosters which could improve your SEO ranking by Goggle. Find out the best keywords to use, know how your content will meet the searcher needs, and understand how well your site meets the search engine guidelines. Make sure that Your SEO audit includes three main sections which are on-page, Technical, and off-page.
Fixing the on-page errors
To create a strong website foundation, you must get rid of all website errors. Clearing them makes it easy for your visitors to navigate through the site with ease. The main website errors to check out for are:
- Spelling errors- your site will look unprofessional if it has spelling errors. If possible, look for an editor vote proofread the content.
- Broken links- many users lose interests in sites with broken links. You can either fix the links manually or use a tool.
- Broken images- broken or missing images can be fixed easily. You should, however, use a content management system to find the error and fox them accordingly.
- Outdated copyright- outdated copyright errors give users an impression that the site is out of business.
- Duplicate content- having the exact content in multiple places in the same site can be quite annoying. This is a common mistake, and it happens in websites which have thousands of pages.
Step 2 – Create content
Your audience visits your page with specific goals or intentions in their mind. Since there are hundreds of other sites providing the same material, it’s the quality of your content that determines whether they will stay or leave.
What is quality content?
Content is a combination of written, audio, video, and graphical information presented on the websites for the world. High-quality content is one which combines all these features with minimal or no errors at all. To improve the quality of your content:
- Focus on what makes your services or products unique
- Listen to your customers and provide exactly what they need
- Improve credibility by citing your sources
- Proofread your work for misspellings, grammar mistakes, and typos
Why it’s essential to provide quality content
- Quality content improves the value
A well researched and written content enhances the value of the site despite the niche or level of competition.
- Quality content generates more sales
Trust is one of the essential elements of a blog or business. When your content is exciting, users will visit your site more often. This will generate more traffic and generate more sales in the long run.
According to research, 77% of customers read online content before making the purchasing decision. Publishing proper content, such as product reviews, FAQs, and even instructional blog posts and videos, can reassure clients and improve sales.
- High-quality content is often shared
Most customers click the share button whenever they find useful information on the internet. If your content is funny, engaging, informative, insightful, and controversial, your customers will market the blog for you.
Sharable content includes:
- Audio and video content shared through Facebook, YouTube, and other social media platforms
- Text-based content shared on Twitter, Snapchat, and Facebook
- Graphical content positing shared on Pinterest, Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook among others
Step 3 – Link Building
A website becomes more powerful when more and more links are shared from other authority sites. This is because the search engines use the links to determine the trustworthiness and credibility of the website.
So, if you want to improve the popularity of your website, use the following link building strategies:
- Use social media to create awareness
Having a strong social media presence on sites such as Twitter, Linked-in and Facebook is an excellent way of increasing the awareness of your website.
Although the social media links don’t impact your SEO rankings, visitors who find the content may link to it. For instance, if one of your users fans appealing infographics in your site, they may post it on their account and cite you as the source.
- Reach out to bloggers, influencers and reporters
Look for the influential people to help you share the content. You can do this by using Google search to find people who have covered the same topic. Create a list and use tools such as Rapportive to verify the emails of the people on your list.
- Monitor your competitors’ backlinks
Open site explorer among other sites can help you monitor the backlinks used by your competitors. Once you observe them, understanding how the links are working for them. If they are beneficial, adopt the same strategy to your website in your content. You should, however, only work with what works for you well.
As you can see, a successful website needs hard work. Whether you are starting a new site or you need to improve an existing one, follow the above steps, and you will undoubtedly increase the traffic of your website.